Here is a quick workout that will help increase your MMA conditioning, adding to your gas tank in the cage. These exercises are also useful for other martial arts like Muay Thai kickboxing, BJJ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Krav Maga.
1. 10 minutes on the treadmill (Increase speed every minute)
2. 25 Hanging crunches. Hang from a pullup bar with you legs suspended in the air. Raise your knees to your chestchest 25x
3. 15 Squat push ups. Start from standing position. Squat down till the palms of your hands are square on the floor. Jump out to pushup position. Do 2 pushups. Jump back to squatting position. And squat back up to standing positon.
4. 10 Line Sprints. Run the length of the area as fast as you possibly can. Once you reach the end, walk at a steady pace back to where you started, taking deep breaths on the way back, and then turn around and sprint again. Interval training like this is especially good for MMA conditioning.
5. 25 more Hanging crunches
6. 10 minutes on the Elliptical machine.
7. 400 crunches minimum
8. Finish with some stretching as you cool down.
MMA conditioning is necessary in order to have a successful fight. Even if you don’t fight or train in MMA, these types of workouts are excellent for your heart, bones, and overall health.
Elite Training Center
1628 South Pacific Coast Highway,
Redondo Beach, CA 90277